Search This Blog

Sunday, November 07, 2010

TWTR is undefined

It had been causing me for so long to find out how to solve the problem until I get a solution from a website.

My twitter was unable to display the message as usual and it display the below error message:-

'TWTR is undefined', - Looks like it has some error in my website, but I do not know what is that. Maybe it was a Javascript Error.

I tried to find out the solutions in Internet for few days, luckily I found one.

It was written by a guy named Brian J. Thanks for his solution. I finally can display my twitter online again.

Here is the way:-

The actual .js file that is on the Twitter server has an error in it that won't allow the IE browser to display the stream. I was able to fix this rather simply. I downloaded the .js file by pasting the path in my browser:


http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js

Once I had the .js file, I opened it using notepad to view the source. The change that needs to be made is simple, use the "Find" command in notepad to look for the word "array" and when it finds the entry, make the following change:

Change the entry that says “Array.forEach” in the widget.js file to read “Array.prototype.forEach”

By adding the word "prototype" you have now corrected their mistake. Of course you can't upload the file to their server so just place it in a directory on your site and path to it directly by changing the path in your Twitter generated source to point to the .js files new location on your website.
That is the way of it. Hope you guys can solve yours too. Peace!

No comments: